Quilt Show Registration
Chambersburg Quilt Guild – Stitches in Time Quilt Show 2021
Registration Information – Show Quilts:
The Quilts will be on display at the Franklin County Visitors Center at 15 S. Main Street in Chambersburg from September 20 until picked up on November 10 or 13. Specific times will be posted when the Franklin County Visitors Center will be open for viewing.
Quilt Show registration will be available via email, mail or by appointment at the Franklin County Visitors Center. We are encouraging members to submit their registration via email or mail. You can use your phone to take a picture of your registration form (Both Sides) and your quilt.
Registration will be available at the Guild Spring Retreat to those who are attending and cannot register by mail or email.
Entry Forms with photo can be emailed or mailed starting in May 2021 to Cindy Walker or Merry Bush. Our addresses and email addresses are in the Directory on the web site. The last day to register via mail or email is July 31, 2021.
The registration Committee will be accepting completed registration forms, photographing, and measuring quilts by appointment at the Franklin County Visitors Center for the following dates and times. Please contact Merry Bush, 717-253-7423 or Cindy Walker, 410-259-3060 for an appointment. The last day to register will be August 6, 2021.
Friday, May 7, 5-7 PM
Friday, May 21, 1-3 PM
Friday, June 4, 5-7 PM
Wednesday, June 16, 1-3 PM
Wednesday, July 14, 1-3 PM
Friday, August 6, 5-7 PM. (Last Registration)
Registration forms will be available on the Web Site. We can register your quilt tops if they have not been quilted at this time.
Registration Form Instructions
- Quilt # – Will be completed by the Registration Committee. Number is assigned when form is logged into the registration log document during registration.
- Guild Member Name – Enter your name.
- Phone Number: Enter your contact phone number.
- Email: Enter your email address
- Title of the Quilt: Required to identify your quilt. This will be the same Quilt Name that is on your Quilt Label. This information will be on the Quilt Show Card pinned to quilt.
- Width & Length: The top of the quilt is the Width measurement. This is used by the Layout Committee to assign the appropriately sized frames. Accuracy is important.
- Quilted by: Guild Member or Quilting Service. This information will be on the Quilt Show Card pinned to the quilt.
- Value: $: Every quilt that is registered must declare a value for the quilt.
- Quilt Construction: This information will be on the Quilt Show Card pinned to the quilt.
- Piecing Method: ( ) Machine ( ) Hand ( ) Other
- Quilting Method: ( ) Machine ( ) Hand ( ) Other
- Appliqué: ( ) Machine ( ) Hand ( ) Other
- Embroidery: ( ) Machine ( ) Hand ( ) Other
- Category: The Category is used by the Layout Committee to group like quilts together for special displays of quilts.
- Small – small scale pieced quilts
- Civil War
- 4H Youth
- Other Entries – Other styles
- Sub-Category: The Sub-Category is used by the Layout Committee to group like quilts together where possible.
- Round Robin & Year
- Mystery & Year
- Challenge & Year
- Workshop & Year
- Quilt Narrative: Everyone enjoys reading about quilts and how they were inspired or created. Write a brief note (25 words or less) about your quilt. This information will be on the Quilt Show Card pinned to quilt. Please use the back of the form to write your Narrative.
- Signature & Date: By entering this quilt in the Chambersburg Quilt Guild 2021 show, I agree to having this quilt on display from September 20 through November 10, 2021.
The Quilt Show is held at the Franklin County Visitor Center located at 15 South Main St., Chambersburg. Guild Members will bring their quilts placed in a pillowcase to the Quilt show location on Tuesday, September 21, 10 AM – 4:30 PM at the Visitors Center or to Linda Hartman’s house on Monday evening, September 20 between 5 PM and 7 PM at 763 Tristan Trail, Chambersburg, PA 17202-7339, Cell phone 717-360-7110. The evening hours are for Guild members who work during the day.
Each quilt must be placed into a separate pillowcase, with the Guild Member name, quilt name, and phone number on the outside of the pillowcase. This will be returned to you, with your quilt, when you pick it up.
A quilt hanging sleeve and a cloth label must be sewn or placed on the back of each quilt. The cloth label must include the Guild Member Name and Quilt title. The Quilt Sleeve and Label Information are available in the “Downloads” section on the Web site.
Quilt Drop Dates:
Monday, September 20, 5 PM -7 PM at Linda Hartman’s house.
Tuesday, September 21, 10 AM – 4:30 PM at Franklin County Visitors Center.
After the Quilt Show is over on Friday, November 5, the takedown committee will begin removing the quilts from the frames on Monday, November 8 and Tuesday, November 9. After all the quilts are taken down, the Pick-up process will begin on Wednesday, November 10. One reason we wait until all quilts are taken down and sorted into the appropriate stack is that many Guild Members have more than one quilt registered, and it is more efficient to return all their quilts at once. The time for picking up your quilts on Wednesday will be between 10 AM and 3 PM. If a quilter works during the day on Wednesday, they can pick up their quilt on Saturday, November
13, between 10 AM and 12 PM before the Guild Monthly Meeting. Guild Members are encouraged to bring their white ticket(s) with them to pick-up their quilts. It makes the verification process easier.
Quilt Pick-up Dates:
Wednesday, November 10, 10 AM – 3 PM at Franklin County Visitors Center.
Saturday, November 13, 10 AM – 12:00 PM at Franklin County Visitors Center.